Friday, October 2, 2009

Toshiba 32AV500U Really Nice LCD TV - good beginner - budgetminded

I bought the TV after not knowing a lot of details about the model. It seems like Toshiba was purposefully not publishing the specs. I would imagine not to hurt its regza sales. Although Regza's I think have 14bit processing and 3 HDMI ports. But then again all have 8 bit screens ..... It looks like the details have the screen res at 1366 x 768, with a response time: 8 ms.

I did notice that it does come with 10bit processing - this is a selling point for some other TV makers. So I bought it a bit on chance - plus it was available for amazon prime shipping. Big plus to have it here in two days. Without extra cost. I also live in CA - so no sales tax (At least from amazon :).

The TV has enough inputs for me. 2 HDMI are good for all I need - and the sound is really solid. It is pretty thin and looks nice with the piano black frame. I have only had it for a couple of days - so hard to say much more.

The picture looks fantastic when hooked up to HD Source (computer or HD antenna). Fired up half life 2 - lost coast and it looked great too - no ghosting that I could see - flawless game play visually.

I will update as I play with it more. No cables in box (but it does come with a power cord). Remote is actually very usable (but it will sit). I have a Tivo HD - and that works with the first remote code. The Tivo HD hooked right into the HDMI port and works perfectly to max res out of the gate. It wanted to go 1080i -but I put it back down to 720p. I may change that ....

Also - the base is not adjustable. So make sure you have a good solid surface at approximately the viewing height you want. Or you will have to wall mount it ... :)

Overall - very pleased. Great quality tv (as far as I can tell) for a good price.

No comments:

Post a Comment